In the digital age, all businesses need to have websites. Some would go so far to say that if your business doesn’t have a website, it’s almost as if it doesn’t exist. Business websites offer advantages in terms of advertising, client convenience and increased reach to prospective clients. The best websites share certain features that are paramount to the business’s success. These features include multiple methods of contact and site navigation, as well as a focus on key content. The best San Diego web designers will ensure these features are included in your business website. Broken down into five sections for ease, read on for the ideal positioning of your website’s features.
Top of page
When designing a business website, it’s imperative to ensure the top of each page includes vital information. This information is targeted to make your business memorable and make it easy for users to contact your business. It’s also essential to provide easy access to all areas of your website via navigation functions.
Ensure the top of each page includes:
- Domain name
- Call to action button
- Top navigation
- Breadcrumb navigation
Homepage – main section
The main area of the homepage should include information to attract new users and hold their attention. It should meet their initial informational requirements with the following:
- Eye-catching slider or key image
- Important business information, such as the location
- Testimonials and reviews – video format is most effective
Homepage – below the main section
Underneath the main section of the homepage, a section should provide more in-depth detail about the services or products your business offers. It should include:
- The main features of the business
- Quality content further describing the business’s key products or services
- Internal links to other pages within your website
End of page
The end of every page should focus on ways users can contact your business and functionality for further page navigation, including:
- All contact information
- Business or support hours
- Links to social media accounts
- A link to an online chat feature if available
- Newsletter sign-up option
- Footer navigations for efficient navigation
Inner pages of the website will vary from business to business, but ultimately should include:
- An engaging ‘about us’ page to demonstrate credibility to the user.
- Quality content written with an F-shaped reading pattern in mind. Studies tracking user eye movements show this is the dominant reading pattern. The F-shaped pattern means they read across in two horizontal stripes and down in a vertical stripe. Users read text quickly, not thoroughly, so it’s important to include the most pertinent information in the first two paragraphs.
- An inbuilt contact form with a captcha feature. This allows users to contact you easily and securely.
- FAQ’s are essential for direct answers to commonly asked questions. This helps users feel as though your business thoroughly understands their requirements. It also positions your business as better than those who don’t provide enough information on their website.
If a San Diego website designer plans your site with these key features in mind, your business will be better positioned for success.