Your website is the heart and soul of getting more business from the web. But, the question is: “Should I pay someone to build my website?”
Unless you are an experienced web designer or coder, you should pay someone to build your website.
Building your website is best left to a professional web designer or web developer. Many entrepreneurs learn this when they try building a starter website for their business.
When it comes to building a website, you need a wide range of expertise, from graphics design to software development to online marketing. All of which require skills you probably don’t have.
Is it worth paying someone to do your website?
It’s worth paying someone to do your website if you value your time. Although there are many website builder platforms if you want to go the DIY route, before you decide to build your site instead of paying for a professional, you should ask yourself: “Is building my website the best use of my time?”
You could do many services provided for you, including building a website. But, before you can build your own website, there is a steep learning curve, even if you decide to use one of the “easy to use” online website builder platforms.
Before you start building a website, you should clearly understand what you want the site do for your business.
- What Should My Website Be About?
- Why Your Website Says Not Secure?
- Can I Use Google Images On My Website?
Do you have the required skills to build a website?
Before you build your website, it’s time to take stock of your skills.
Do you have the skills to design, code, search engine optimize, and market a website your business requires?
Building a professional website requires a set of skills. The design of the website is one set of skills. And the coding and implementation are another set of capabilities. Don’t forget about SEO and marketing. Of course, writing the content for your site is another important skill set.
Based on our decades of experience in web design and online marketing, most people we work with lack the required skills to launch a new website successfully.
One of the key aspects of building a website is graphic design. Even if you have done some simple designs in the past, it doesn’t mean you know how to design a website.
The website should include relevant and useful content and images. All of these elements must be visually engaging and appropriately communicate with your customers online.
It’s important to be honest with yourself about your capabilities. Your website will the first point of contact with prospects and new customers. Your site’s image will greatly impact how customers perceive your business, so it’s best to hire a professional to build your website.
It’s not enough to build a website. You also need to maintain, update, and change your website constantly. And even if you think you can build a website, you still need to dedicate time to maintenance and updates. Do you have time and expertise for the updates?
Can I pay someone to build my website?
You can pay a professional web designer to build your website. But before you pay someone to build your website, you should think about the features you want for your site.
Understand the difference between graphic designers and web developers. To make sure you pay the right person for your web design project, you should understand the difference.
So, let’s look at the different skills someone would need to build your website:
- Graphic designer – Traditionally, graphic designers designed logos, mailers, postcards, and similar marketing materials. The person who builds your website should have the design skills to create the design of your site. The designer will create logos, images, icons, buttons, and various other elements for the website. Designers have a wide selection of design tools available to them, such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Web developer – The developer and the designer can be the same person but don’t have to be. It is the web developer who turns the design into a functioning website. Their job is to implement the design. Your developer may code your site from scratch or use a content management system such as WordPress.
While web technologies evolve, many web developers are also designers. So, the right professional should be able to help with the design and implementation of the site. An experienced web designer should be well versed as a web developer and a traditional designer featuring expertise in HTML, CSS, PHP, Python or other programming languages.
How much should I pay someone to build a website?
Web designers normally charge per project. The cost of a website depends on the features of the website. A complex website can cost millions of dollars, while a simple business website could cost as little as $5000.
What factors influence the cost of building a website?
- Web designer – You might be able to hire a freelance with little or no experience. Working with little experience is risky. You might save a little money, but your project may be delayed or left unfinished. Our team at Webene has completed many unfinished website projects.
- Complexity – Many websites require complex backend software systems. A website may seem simple to the user, but the software running the site can be infinitely complex. Think of the Google search page; it’s a simple-looking web page, but providing users with accurate search results requires a very complex backend.
- Technology – Some websites require expensive technologies. For example, Amazon, Google, and countless other website require enormous data centers, all of which runs on expensive hardware and software solutions.
- Time constraints – The faster your website needs to be built, the more expensive it will be. You need to work with larger teams to meet urgent deadlines.
- Performance – If you expect a lot of users, you need a high-performance website. High-performance sites require special frameworks, optimized hardware, content delivery networks, and optimized code to handle to load.
Can I pay someone to run my website?
You can pay someone to run your website. The person running or maintaining your website should be an experienced web developer.
To keep your website running, the person you hire will maintain, update, and change your website as needed.
For example, if your website runs on the WordPress CMS, you need to ensure that WordPress and all plugins are updated at least once a month.
How to hire a web designer to build your website?
All the good website design companies know this. Your perfect website is born from a special relationship between you and your web designer. If you click with them, they’ll have a much easier time giving you exactly what you want. An outstanding web development company will know if they aren’t a suitable match for you. They’d rather turn down a project than do an unsatisfactory job.
There are certain things to keep in mind if you want a better chance to find the right web designers.
The first is cost. Have a budget by the time to contact potential web developers for your project. If you tell them, “I don’t have a budget,” they won’t take you seriously. If you have no budget, you haven’t really thought it through. Even if it is a range, set yourself a realistic budget.
Contact us now to talk about your new website.
Once you narrow your search down to the web development companies you can afford, you’ll find the choice much easier. If you get the price range out of the way first, you won’t spend time eliminating options that look promising but are too expensive.
You’ll also need to look at the company’s body of work. If you don’t like the designs they’ve done for other clients, chances are you won’t like what they come up with for you. If you find a company whose designs you like, pay attention to the details of their work. Keep an eye out for anything you don’t like so you can make sure they don’t include it on your website.
Also, make sure that whatever company you choose is willing to listen to your ideas. They should want you to be as happy with the finished product as they are. Be sure you talk about time with them as well. You want to know going in how long the design will take to finish. Knowing how soon you need the work done is also a good idea. Do you plan to launch your website on a specific day, or are you more flexible with the timeline?
Hire a web designer with a proven track record.
The company should know about your business if they’re writing the actual content of your website. Ask if they employ writers to come up with your content if you don’t want to do it yourself. Know who you’ll be speaking with within the company so you can contact them without hassle. This is important if you need progress updates or must provide them with information. You should hire a web development company that is willing to form a team with you and your own company. They should know your staff and how you manage your business. If you need them to work with others besides yourself, make that clear upfront.
Take the designer’s own personal tastes into consideration when making your choice. For example, say you want your website to have a minimalist feel. You should hire a web development company that incorporates minimalism into its designs. The same goes for any other style of web design. If you want a clean and muted style, don’t hire a company whose designs are bold and colorful. The perfect designers for you will consider the specific style of your business. They will work hard to design a website that fits its image.
You also need to know what kinds of clients the developers usually take on. Your small business will have a different website design than a large enterprise. If you plan to sell products on your site, ensure the developers know how to incorporate eCommerce into your design. You should always keep your business goals for the website in mind. Make sure your web designers know what they are. If they’re the right company for you, they’ll always keep those goals in mind.
If you want the best possible website for your business, consider the following:
- Who is your audience? If you want your target audience to find your site, you must first identify it. Once you do, you have to make your site relevant to them.
- Include information that people want. Simple, right? People want to learn and find out more about everything. Your website should be an information hub for your niche.
- Make your website mobile-friendly. This is very simple, websites that are not mobile-friendly rank lower and get less traffic from search engines. Therefore, they make less money for the business that owns them.
- Stick to the point. People come to your website to do business with you. They are not interested in your dog or your personal issues. Stick to business.
- Have a great “About” page. Your about page is the second most visited page after your homepage. Use your about page to tell the story behind your business. Also, build trust. Explain why people should trust you. What have you done? What makes you better? What makes you unique?
- Browser compatible. Make sure your website works well with the most popular browsers.
- I don’t care what kind of business you have. Keep the language simple. Most magazines publish at a 9th-grade reading level. The simple language will result in more engagement with your website.
- Keep your website content updated. Most businesses never update their websites. The result? Poor search engine rankings, low traffic, and a disappointing number of leads.
- Update your website platform frequently. We recommend WordPress as your website platform. WordPress and other Content Management System (CMS) platforms must be updated to keep them secure and to keep them running smoothly.
- Always add new content. Websites that help your business grow add new content frequently. Write new articles, blog posts, reviews, advice, and such content to grow your website. More content will help to position you as an authority within your field.
- Collect emails. Email marketing is still one of the most effective marketing techniques. People don’t want to sign up for newsletters, so give them a good reason to subscribe to your email list. You could offer a free ebook, a webinar, or a special report.
- Link to your social media accounts. But only do this if you are active on social media. So, if you haven’t posted anything to your Facebook page since last December, hide it. People might think you went out of business since.
- Link to other websites you trust and invite others to link to your website.
- Keep your website simple. Simple navigation and plenty of white space are a good start.
- Show testimonials. People want to know that you have successfully helped others.
- Do not have music on your website – unless you are MTV or you are a band. Music is one of the most annoying features you could have on your website. Avoid it.