Are you a born salesperson? If you are not don’t worry, because you don’t have to be one to succeed in business.
I want to show you the tools you need to outmarket and outsell your competition.
Here is how.
Don’t treat your website as a brochure.
A website was not meant to be a brochure. Brochures are static. Once you have printed them they are done. There are no changes of improvements possible until you print the next batch.
The most successful websites are those with great content.
The purpose of your website is to establish you as the authority. The only way that will happen is if you constantly add new content. There is no such a thing as too much content.
The greatest thing about content marketing is that it is not salesy at all. Instead of being pushy, aggressive, or cheesy you are being helpful. You are a resource to people in your market. People would much rather buy from an authority than a sales person.
Contact us now to get a website that sells for you.
You can produce content in the following formats:
- Blog posts
- Press releases
- White papers
- Training and tutorial materials
- Video training
- Audio training
- Answers to frequently asked questions
The key is to provide solutions to problems. When your content helps people solve problems you are on the right track.
Aggressively build your email list.
Email marketing is still one of the most effective ways to market your business. The problem is most businesses don’t do any email marketing therefore they don’t see a need to get more subscribers. Even if your website is brand new and you have few visitors you should have a built in mechanism to grow your subscriber list.
Here is how to do it:
- Use a popup, yes you need a popup. It will double or perhaps even triple your email opt-in rate.
- Do now ask people to sign up for your newsletter. Believe me, people don’t want to get any more newsletters.
- Give people something valuable for subscribing. You could give an ebook, a special report, or something similar. The important thing here is that what you give has to be valuable to the person whose email you want. If people are not signing up, what you offer to them is of no value to them.
Tell people what to do.
Most websites do a poor job with calls to action. You have to tell people exactly what you want them to do. Just because there is an email on your website it doesn’t mean people will send you an email. A phone number in itself is not a call to action. Telling people to “Call now” is better.
There are many different calls to action:
- Call now to get early access!
- Get started.
- Enter your email to get access now.
- Start a free trial.
- Enroll now.
- Sign up for free.
Build your network.
The more people know what you do the more people will refer business to you. It’s easier than ever to build your network.
Here are some of the best ways to build your network:
- Stay active on 2-3 social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. You can’t be everywhere, so don’t even try.
- Follow up with people who are in your network already, and give them updates about you. Always ask how you can help them.
- Meet people where networking is not the mission. I am all for networking, but not necessarily in “networking groups” only. Attend conferences and seminars. Don’t worry about meeting everyone. Try to make a few meaningful connections and go from there.
Networking is not about handing out as many business cards as possible. Networking is about being helpful and liked.
I know many people who say they are helpful, but very few really are. Be a problem solver. Who are your customers? What keeps them up at night? What problems do they have? How can you help solve their problems?
It is a lot less expensive to sell to your existing customers than trying to get new customers. As a web designer we sell our customers new websites or update their existing websites. We also help them with additional services like SEO, marketing, database programming, logo design, branding, and e-commerce. Think about additional services you can offer your current customers.
Most businesses do a poor job staying connected to their current and past customers. Focus on maintaining a great relationship with your customers. When your customer trust and like you it is a lot easier to keep selling them your services.