Do you want your website to get your phone to ring?
More-and-more businesses realize that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can differentiate them from their competitors. Companies that are serious about leading their market understand that SEO is an essential part of their success.
“A website without SEO is just words and images.”
What is Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is the process of improving a website’s rankings within the search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, etc. Improved rankings generally result in increased traffic to your website. SEO is the study and practice of increasing the authority of your website. In other words, SEO has the power of turning websites into valuable assets.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is an ever-evolving complex process.
The most important aspects of SEO are:
- Keyword selection
- Rank analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Baseline understanding
- Website optimization AKA Onsite SEO – meta tag optimization, page title optimization, content and image optimization, internal linking optimization, keyword optimization
- Offsite optimization AKA Offsite SEO – link building, link exchange, social media linking, content marketing
Contact us now to get help with you SEO efforts.
Optimizing Your Site
Do you know if your site is SEO optimized? Do you have a search marketing strategy to reach top ranking in the search engines? Do you understand the importance of choosing keywords that are relevant to what you are trying to sell? Many businesses invest heavily in setting up a website to enhance their business but fail to understand the importance of SEO for leading customers to it. Search engine optimization (SEO) is an important part of a successful search marketing strategy.
Why SEO Matters
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the fine art of optimizing your website so that the search engines can find you, or more importantly so that your customers can find you. A well-optimized site reflects relevant choices of keywords and key phrases which appear throughout all the pages of your website. If you don’t employ SEO techniques as part of your search marketing strategy, then your site won’t show up when people search for your product or service. Many people find SEO difficult, or they are unaware of the opportunity lost by ignoring it, and so they skip this important step.
It is not enough to optimize your own website (called onsite optimization). It is also important to employ offsite SEO techniques (offsite optimization). This is done by creating links to your site from other sites. Linking is a key element in SEO and search marketing strategy. The more websites link to your website, the better it is for your ranking. Search engines rank websites more highly based on their link popularity.
But what some people don’t realize is that all links are not created equal. The best links are the ones that contain the keywords you are targeting. For example, if you would like to rank for “San Diego web design”, “San Diego web designer” or “San Diego SEO company”, you need to get as many links as you can with the keywords “San Diego web design company” in the copy of the links. Offsite optimization requires careful selection of popular and still relevant links. Let the Webene team of professionals help you develop a linking strategy that is effective and gets you results.
Webene Understands Search Engine Behavior
At Webene we will help you decide the right keywords for your website’s SEO campaign and a search marketing strategy that reaches your target customers. Are you trying to reach a local customer base? We can employ local SEO techniques to reach customers in your neighborhood, city, state, or any geographical target area.
Content marketing is the name of the game when it comes to SEO today. Content marketing is the creation and promotion of content you create in order to increase traffic to your website.
Examples of content for marketing purposes:
- Blog posts
- White papers
- Press releases
- Training materials
- Video – training, reviews, how-tos
- Audio – training, reviews, how-tos
Whatever business you are in content marketing will get you more website visitors. Any content won’t do. You have to create valuable content.
Here are characteristics of valuable content:
- Provide in-depth information. Avoid fluff.
- Longer content is more popular. Articles over 2000-words are the most shared. Strive to write longer content. It is better to publish more detailed content less often then to post fluff frequently.
- Great content should include great images. Images grab peoples’ attention. They also make your content easier to read.
- The best content is shared throughout social networks.
- It is better than what is already out there. Before you publish your content see what is already available on the same topic. Your job is to create content that is better researched than what is out there. Your content should also be longer and more detailed. Content marketing is also a competition. The best content wins.
Content creation is great, but your job doesn’t stop there. Without promotion your content will go unnoticed. Promotion is part of a solid content marketing strategy.
Here is what should be part of your content promotion strategy:
- Share your content with your email list.
- Make your content easy to share throughout your website. Include share buttons on every page.
- Post to all of your social network accounts.
- Re-post your content regularly. Most people in your network will not see most of your posts, so it is essential to give them multiple chances to get access to your content.
- Use sites like BizSugar and Triberr to promote your content.
- Comment on related blogs and link back to your own website.
- Network with bloggers and other business owner.
- Mention influencers in your content and ask them to share your content.
- Guest post on blogs with a link back to your own content. Publishing on other people’s blogs is a great way to increase awareness about your own website.
It is important to add new content to your website regularly. Once a month is OK, but once a week is better. Twice a week is great.
In today’s competitive internet-driven economy, you can’t afford not to stay ahead of your competition. Let Webene help – contact us today.
photo credit: SEO